Saturday, December 19, 2009

AVATAR - Extension of my thoughts...


Where do I start from? I have been thinking about the movie from the time I saw it...( last evening)...I could not sleep the whole night as I was in another world, living altogether a different life....

You'll be able to follow this post once you have seen the movie AVATAR..

'AVATAR' the name never gave me a hint about the story...I did not pay any attention to its trailors and did not even bother to find out what made the movie so highly budgeted...Untill, my brother recommended me (after watching its premier in Mumbai in 3D) ...Even then, I was not sure what the story would be all about...I just knew that it had aliens, war-stuff, action and material my father would Enjoy...My father has been a movie lover since his childhood..He tells me how he used to bunk his school for watching movies in those time theatres..heheehe...

We quickly had lunch and went to the multiplex for the afternoon show....The movie began ...First scene...and I said WOW!!! and my eyes were WIDE open for the rest two and half hours...

The movie has various aspects to be reviewed on...But this is how I perceived it in my First view...


A story with a simple message.. Good always wins over Evil..this has been the trend in the past and will be forever...

I wonder from where they got the IDEA !!!.. A great concept I say ...In the movie 'Independence day' they showed our win over the aliens and in 'Avatar',we as aliens, get defeated...I never thought that a plot where we humans(as aliens) will be defeated by the natives of another land will be so evocative...Humans play clever mind games in the movie..but all in vain against love and loyalty of the Na'vi towards their own land...

There is a message of PURITY and TRUTHFULNESS conveyed...
"Never destroy others' world and dreams"...This holds true even in our normal lives as we need to understand others' frame of mind and come to a common solution...Mother Nature is watching us all and she knows how to maintain balance...

"LIVE and LET LIVE" is the message to humanity from Na'vi ... "well done PANDORA!!!"I was about to shout at one scene... :)

PANDORA is like a DREAM WORLD ...with such amazing creatures, lovable indeed. The horse looked all the more majestic with muscular shining skin, six very strong legs and a metallic crest on its protruding head.The mighty flying reptiles swayed with full grace with their colorful wings. The rhinos with hammer-heads were cute.The most interesting thing being the sensory tentacles in all animals that could establish contact with another enabling it to hear the heartbeat and also know the thoughts....


I want to go to PANDORA on my next vacation... It seems that the director was inspired from the deep-sea creatures on earth...The unexplored ocean beds on earth, I'm sure, inhabit thousands of spellbinding life forms...

I can't stop praising those white 'Pure Soul Seeds' that looked like jelly fish medusas...and those 'Pink Spiral' polyps that shrank when touched; they appeared to me being very shy...I must see in 3D this time..

And the wonderland also included floating mountains amidst clouds...Sounds like a fantasy na..Therefore,I call this movie "A SCI-FI FAIRY TALE" ...All characters were well defined..and actors did full justice to their characters (oops! I mean the animation didn't look like animation)... In fact,the animated characters ,while running, gave the required effect on a planet with very little gravity force...they were like leaping so high and seemed light weighted...


" Pandora people look HOT " , I was thinking while watching...
"Oh my !!! a humanoid with blue skin, Zebra stripes,some phosphorescent spots, pointed ears, yellow cat-eyes and long plaited hair...looks so so stunning... how will my avatar look in that attire?"
And I kept on wondering how everyone else would look on Pandora...

I was busy admiring everything else except the special effects and technology used to make this a success..I can only say ' What photgraphy!!,What technogy!! '. May be when I go the Second time i'll be speculative about other things.. hehehe :)

Now I am thinking that amongst bollywood females Kareena Kapoor, Lara Dutta, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Not Katreena, will be good options for palying roles in the Na'vi look . None of the bollywood actors have those looks except SALMAAN KHAN....May be John Abraham And Hrithik Roshan too...And definitely choreographer Terrence Lewis can look good as a Na'vi... :)


4 comments:

  1. heu the movie is real nice and its worth watching once if not twice... strongly recommended to generate awareness and realize how cruel human beings are doing towards their own earth

    ReplyDelete
  2. apart from it the graphics and use of animation is just perect u are forced to think what if we could fly on those birds and hang out on those sparkling gardens ... its just not considered to be unreal....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i loved the movie...though i was disappointed when AVATAR did get much praise in Oscar because i was kinda hoping that it will get at least an award for best feature film.
    i have even seen "THE HURT LOCKER" ,winner of the BEST FILM, and i didn't find this an OSCAR winning movie....!!

    AVATAR is an awesome movie...i will say its an benchmark for movies.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger