Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Chicki Attacks.... This is Chicki's Attack... These are CHICKI'S ATTACKS

Hello Friends !

2010 has brought lot of excitement and enthusiasm with it.And in the very 1st month the Artist in me has come into action. Here are a few drawings and craft work that I did to welcome the new spirit of life...


1). PICTURE FRAME:



This is a photo frame. I made it using aluminium foil and transparent polythene giving it a crystalline effect....


2).

TREES SILHOUTTE :This picture is made by using wax crayons and white chalk.I have tried to give the effect of moonlight over tress in the jungle...

I made this on a moving train while I was returning home from Mumbai....


3). The following picture is my favorite .It is close to my heart because the girl in the picture reminds me of one of my very close friends, Rachana. Actually she is a true artist and she is excellent in sketching and drawing.She mostly draws pictures of a beautiful young girl sitting on either a hill top or on a rock , waiting for something or rather someone.....The girl in her pictures has captivating eyes, little nose and lips just like rose petals....Inspired from those pictures I made this .






Perhaps after a few more attempts I'll also b able to make a beautiful face.. :)


4). COLLAGE : I have used newspapers and torn desired portions of it. I stuck these cuttings giving the shape of a colorful bird, Macaw.







5). COLLAGE Again: I wanted to make water and fishes. So, here is ' Life under the Sea'. This one took the maximum time to get completed.I have made the backdrop in various shades of blue. I have made a school of small colorful fishes , swimming towards the bottom.The sea bed has few bivalves, a snail, colorful stones, sea weeds and a Red Star fish.




6). COLLAGE IN THE AIR: I made another collage without the blue backdrop.But in this I have highlighted the the fish fins, eyes , and other details using sketch pens.



It looked quite incomplete without blue water.So I finally used wax crayon to color the backdrop blue.Further, to make it look real,I added air bubbles to the picture.





7). This sunset scene is made by using mainly wax crayons.



8). Valley of Tulips : ( Full crayon art ).




I never thought that wax crayons can give so much life when used. It's real fun experimenting with the different shades. My next drawing will be of tulips in Blue, Red ...n all possible shades.

9). A SPOOKY PICTURE: While I was making my art work, everybody else in the house got tempted to color too. And all of a sudden there was a race for coloring the maximum....I was pushed aside .My brother took over and started coloring the tree Red ...when Bhabhi said " the spooky tree must have spooky colors in it...so, let me do it Dirty Green .." As a result my entire picture was on mercy of my Bhaiya n Bhabhi ...Then I jumped from another side to have atleast the background in my way...And finally all of us together made this Special art work :) ... SCARY INDEED ...



10).A Haunting : If the previous picture failed to scare you..m sure this definitely will ... :)





11). PARADISE IN BLOOM :


It's a RED ROSE...not any other flower.... :)


12). A BRIGHT SUNNY DAY: This scenery I made while imagining the idyllic waterfalls of TEMER ( a small place near Jabalpur,M.P).




13). To break the monotony of this white cup, I used glass paints and made some random shapes on it.




14). This is a Spider web. They are fun to look at when hanged in a corner of the room.It is made up of PVA glue.







Caught in the web .. My Hero... :)


15). SQUASHED THINGYS: These characters look as if they have been crushed.... :). I made several of these in all colors. They can be used as bookmarks, decoration on the wall or window-pane, etc.







N B : The art works numbered 1). 2). 10).14). and 15). have been inspirations from the show 'ART ATTACK ' aired on Disney Channel. I have followed Neil Buchanan's method of making them.

10 comments:

  1. wow.. great works.... i liked the collage with u made with news papers.... spider web and glass paint on the mug...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Mr. Suree. Incase you wish to make these then let me know..i'll guide u.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Madhulika

    Well I wanted to say that "I have no words to express how beautiful every little detail has been in your work...", perhaps Now I would like to Say...U r Awesome Gurl!

    Actally i was always aware of your creativity and innovative styles of works..and i guess u knw this...but this time...you have impressed me at the core. I still remb. the yellow blue/green mats made by you and those watercolor paintings on the mirror! And this post's unlimited cretivitive works is awesome. I loved each and every form. Especially the parrot and fish collarge.


    You inspire me in each and every act you do, Hope u knw this...

    And gurl...You have definitely surprised me...putting up my Name in ur works. I'm totally blushing right this moment. Thankyou so much...

    And...that web...and that SK....uhhh....you won my heart...completely.

    Perhaps...lot i want to say... and keep complimenting u forever...for being MY B-Buddies. U wont beleive this...but i told this B-Buddies things to my maa-paa and tehy has endless pain in their stomach because of laughing...Thankyou for giving me this title..i'm blessed to be your buddy!

    And yeah...wts that cup...very beautiful...share a coffee with me...but bring that cup along...and dnt forget to gift me that Cuppa!

    Luv yeah Always!
    Keep Celebrating the Creativity in Life!
    God Bless U..Amen!

    ~Keep the spark Alive..

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Rachana I became so speechless that it took me so many days to reply back...:) I was just so so glad n I was dancing in full swing to all kinds of music..ALL BECAUSE OF YOU my Dear B Buddy :)

    I remember the day when U told me that I shud come up with a blog of my own...N how u kept on sitting on my head until I finally published a post....

    U r Full Of Life n I 've just taken a bit from u to relive :)...

    Thanks will be too lil to say... N THIS YOU KNOW....How much I appreciate U n yr talent...

    You have encouraged me at every step and the result is here...ITS A RARE THING ... U INSPIRE ME N I INSPIRE U ...VICIOUS CIRCLE..soon r readers will come to know it.. :)

    N we'll sure party soon ,hv Coffee in your fav mug, n as u say will Celebrate Life together.. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh what fabulous art....loved it loved it :)

    you should start selling this stuff and make some money. I loved the Mug and also the trees made from chalk...truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Lazy Pineapple Thanks so much for your encouragement...So,Will U be my 1st buyer? hehhee

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Madhulika

    What a fantastic piece of art on display.

    I specially liked the tulips and the collage which are so full of life. Wonder how you brought out ur true inner sense into them.

    Now this proves that you possess a huge pool of talent as an artist. Being a fan of urs, I would now look forward for ur blogposts.

    Cheers
    Saurabh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Madhulika

    First time here...via Rachana. I see you both are best buddies...so nice to see that as I am also one who values friends and friendship gr8tly.

    About your art, its awesome! Just loved evry piece...esp the macaw and the underwater collage. Good Luck!!!

    Warm Regds
    Deepa
    http://www.deepazworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Pro-active Provocations:Thank u so much for appreciating my work..Frds like u who always support me also keep me motivated...Thanx again for taking out yr precious time n going thru this post...

    Cheers,
    Madhulika

    ReplyDelete
  10. @deepazartz : Hi Deepa ! Its such a wonderful feeling to know that an Established artist like u has liked my work...Thank u so much for yr wishes n encouragement...Well, I too happened to go thru yr blog n it was really exciting to look at each piece of art ....awesome u r...I'm glad that we 3 hv few common things amongst us...My this journey of blogging will surely be fun wt support from ppl like u....

    Thanks again for taking out your precious time n writing to me..

    Regards,
    Madhulika

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger